This article will show 10 Amazing Nutritional blasts to Well Being.
1. Chia Seeds and Flaxseeds
What is the difference between Chia seeds and Flaxseeds?
People use these words interchangeably, but there is a difference.
Chia seeds are the seeds that come from the Salvia Hispanica plant.
Flaxseeds are the seeds from the Linum Usitatissimum plant. Chia seeds are a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and protein.
Flaxseeds contain alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), fiber, and manganese. Chia seeds are also easier to digest and absorb. Flaxseeds are great for use in healthy baking.
They provide a nutty flavor and a crunchy texture. You can use Flaxseeds in baking or sprinkle them on
2. Maca Powder and Cacao Powder
Maca is a root tuber native to the Highlands of Peru.
It looks like a radish or turnip, but is less bitter. The powder is a rich, creamy color, and is most commonly used for smoothies, but can also be used to make maca ice cream, maca fudge, or sprinkled over popcorn.
Cacao is a tropical evergreen tree originating from South America. Its seeds are used to make chocolate, and cacao powder is an excellent alternative to chocolate. Cacao powder can be used in shakes and smoothies.
7. Fruits and Vegetables
8. Fatty acids
9. Blood Sugar
Blood sugar is the main source of fuel for the human body. Carbohydrates in the form of sugars and starches are broken down into simple sugars during digestion.
These sugars are absorbed into the bloodstream. It is important to understand that the body requires sugar to function properly. In fact, sugar is the only fuel that can be used by the body for energy.
The sugar in our blood is called glucose (also called dextrose). It is derived from the digestion of carbohydrates.
10. Turmeric, Ginger, Manuka Honey and Turmeric, Cayenne and Lemon
If you are looking to kick start your weight loss journey then it is important to understand that a weight loss detox that is done correctly, will help to flush out your system and remove the old stored fat, helping you to jump start your weight loss journey.
Adequate nutrition for your body before and after strenuous work-outs is important in order for you to reap the maximum benefits from your efforts. An increasingly popular way of achieving this is through the use of natural Whey Protein supplements.
Nowadays many athletes, especially Body Builders, are utilizing natural Whey Protein supplements to replenish protein levels that are burned off through hard-core exercise routines. Amino Acids prevent deterioration in muscle tissue as well as provide endurance and assist in building mass. Proteins help supply these amino acids.
So what exactly is Whey Protein?
Whey Protein is derived from cow’s milk and is also a by-product of making cheese, which in the past was typically thrown out as a waste product. We now know that Whey Protein is rich in amino acids essential for building muscle and overall good health.
Whey Protein is also naturally found in breast milk as well as some types of baby formula. Although protein is also found in other foods such as meats and vegetables, Whey Protein is known to have the highest digestible levels of protein that the body can use.
Whey Protein offers several other health benefits like a healthier immune system, stronger bones, weight loss, and just plain overall better well being. Whey Protein is also sometimes used to help speed the healing of wounds or burns.
Are there risks or side effects?
Since Whey Protein is derived from food it doesn’t have any of the risks associated with man-made supplements. However, you can even have too much of a good thing if you’re not careful. Extreme high use can be more than your liver can handle. Moderation is always best.
For those who are lactose intolerant, there is Whey Protein Isolate which has less than 1% lactose.
ways to read and understand a food label:
- Check the serving size: Serving size is a very important factor in determining how much you need. One needs to check out the food labels for the serving size in order to understand whether the serving size of the product is equivalent to the amount individual eats. The nutritional table can be looked at to determine how much calories are consumed based on the serving size.
- Check the nutritional value: In the modern society, almost half of the population is having weight issues caused not only due to unhealthy eating but also due to improper eating. Nutritional values like calories are mentioned of the labels which would determine how many calories are consumed in one serving size. Checking out nutritional values is very important to choose between different products so that one can easily determine which one to pick up from the market shelves such that it is beneficial for a healthy lifestyle. For example, if one wants to consume fewer calories, one should have a Chicken Burger (200 calories) rather than having a Beef Burger (340 calories).
- Check out percent daily value: Nutritional constituents of a product can be understood by reading the daily value per cent. The percent daily value determines the value of the nutrients on a scale of 0% to 100%. This percent daily value gives a rough idea to the consumers about how much nutrients they must consume in a day for healthy living. 5% daily value or less is considered to be little whereas 15% or move daily value is considered to be excessive.
- Check out the different types of nutrients: Our body requires a balanced diet for normal functioning. A balanced diet consists of all the nutrients in requisite amount for proper body metabolism and functioning. A consumer needs to check out the different kinds of nutrients like iron, calcium, vitamin A etc., as mentioned in the label in order to determine which one provides him with a better nutritional value. For example, one can eat a beef burger if he wants to have a food with high iron content.
- Check out to avoid certain nutrients: Out of the various kinds of nutrients, all are not health beneficial. There are many nutrients like saturated fat, cholesterol, sodium that shouldn’t be consumed in greater quantities. These nutrients if taken in excess can cause serious health issues that can be fatal in the future. A bit of knowledge about nutrients is essential to understand which one is beneficial and which one is harmful. For example, one should consume less than 5gm of sodium in their diet.
Nutritional values on the product labels are extremely helpful in comparing products and to make special diet plans based on individual nutrient requirements.